Friday, December 30, 2005

Slow down


Such a wise invitation from a friend:

Slow down. Let our body and mind relax. Let us live with our heart instead.

Look, feel, smell and touch everything around us -- the floor, the wall, the house, the road, the tree, the people, the car, the paper, the words, the language, the music, the sounds, the flower, anything -- each second each day.

Release all our wants, needs, hopes, expectations, and thoughts. Breathe slowly with only one thing in our heart: I am Yours, God. Let Him work with us. Accept anything and everything each day He may give us.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.

Lead me O Lord, to see the truth of me.
Forgive me O Lord, for never could surrender faithfully to You.
Help me O Lord, as I am your lost shepherd.

-thank you-

No comments: