Monday, January 23, 2006

This is my confession

This will be my most blunt (should I say “bluntest”?) and 'heaviest' article so far. But I need to say this out loud. There is something you need to know about me.

I am a Moslem. I have been one since birth and am still comfortable with it.

But I do believe that religion is something personal. So what is comfortable for me may not be for you. I respect all people for their religion or belief system, regardless of what belief system that may be, as long as they do not harm other people.

My life has been a roller coaster of a spiritual journey. There are things I did in the past that I am not very proud of. My stay in Seville was a way for me to rethink and rearrange my life. I have gained so much more. Praise the Lord.

I feel like I am taking two lessons while I am in Seville: one is the lesson in Spanish language and the second is the lesson in life. True life, as intended by God, or so I believe.

I have been slowing down, I have been listening to my heart more, I have been reading books or any write-ups on spiritualism. I have been taking the day as it comes and feeling thankful for it.

I have been meditating and praying more – asking God to forgive me and take care of me for the rest of my life – so that at the end of this life, He will let me enter and stay in His eternal kingdom.

I now believe that only by totally surrendering to God that we will find true peace and happiness. But again, that is me. As I said, belief is personal. You have every right to feel differently. You can believe whatever you want as long as you do not bother other people. I am fine with that.

When I was chatting online, my friend asked me whether I am in love because I sounded so positive. Yes I am. I am in love God and whoever loves Him.

I am struggling with my future articles. I still want to share my thoughts and feelings with you but I do not want to scare you with my seriousness. So, please bear with me when I do not write something for so long.

“I pray God the Omnipotent to place us in the ranks of his chosen, among the number of those whom he directs in the path of safety, in whom he inspires fervor lest they forget him; whom he cleanses from all defilement, that nothing may remain in them except himself; yea, of those whom he indwells completely, that they may adore none beside him.”
-A quote from Imam Al-Ghazali-

1 comment:

Professor Smile said...

You are so honest and so compassionate, it is a pleasure to read everything you write, an honour to share your thoughts, even your uncertainties. You are a strong soul.