Friday, May 12, 2006

On questions about boyfriends


To the thousands of people (well ok, not that many, but you know what I mean) who have persistently and relentlessly been asking me whether I have found myself a Spanish man, I will bluntly answer: no, at least not that I know of.

“In the middle of all those Spanish guys? Impossible that you have not encountered one.” It depends on what your criteria of a boyfriend are. Mine is not limited to just physical appearance – or as the Spanish say, that body of the firemen. Yum ;)

“Oh well, you are too picky.” Not sure about that. Well, yes, maybe, please allow me to do so. I want it to be once in a lifetime.

“Oh you have not opened your eyes enough.” A bit wider then how they are now, then everybody will think I am a sl*t.

“Oh you are too focus on your career.” Hello, I have not been working for almost one year. I have spent this last year for travelling and doing a lot of things but working. What career?

“Oh you want too much in life.” Don’t we all? You are just jealous ;)

Seriously, this is what I believe. I believe what is mine is mine. If I continue to walk His way, all others will come to me at their own time, and not the other way around.

In the meantime, I will use whatever is left of my lifetime to give my best to life, to God and to other people who cross path with me.

But thank you for your concerns. Pray for me as I shall pray for you that God will give what is best for us, according to His standard. He knows best.

Hm, I think these are the bluntest words I have ever said about me finding a boyfriend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have a great blog, Eva and you come across as a gentle, kind woman, who knows and respects her mind, her thoughts and her feelings as much as others', something most people wish they could get themselves to do.
I read a book by Paul Coelho myself, though not the one you mentioned. It is called "By the river Piedro I sat and wept". It was interesting, though of late I have been feeling guilty about having set it rudely aside and have been dying to get my hands on another copy (since the one I own is hidden in some nook or corner of my home and refuses to show itself anytime soon:-))
Cheers
Namrata