Sunday, April 02, 2006

Someone has all the luck

You are not tired of my chat conversation, are you? I promised this would be a short one.

My friend’s Yahoo Messenger status was: “do not know what to think”
Me: Well, think of me then ;)
Fr: About work I mean.
Me: Oh well, still, while you cannot think of work, think of me.
Fr: I do think of you occasionally, you know?
Me: Really? When?
Fr: Whenever I think, “somebody has all the luck”

I was dumb founded. Speechless. I have to admit, I am very lucky.

How many of us can and do actually ditch our work voluntarily, take a one year sabbatical leave, and travel to all sorts of places others can only dream of? How many of us can feel so confident that we will always find work that we like and that in fact work will find us – not the other way around? How many of us have heaps of family and friends who love us and whom we love? How many of us choose to work because we like it and not because we have to? How many of us have enjoyed and can actually feel this much love from God?

So what I am doing complaining about things anyway?

PS: And the truth is, if you can spend these few minutes browsing the Web and reading this entry probably in an air conditioned comfy room while sipping a hot cup of coffee or tea, then chances are you are not doing that bad either.

No comments: