Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Who died?




I will show you how ignorant a person can be. Example: me.

Seville is known to have one of the most exciting traditional Easters, or as they called it “La Semana Santa”, a whole week of processions and street parades. Needless to say, to commemorate the death and the resurrection of Jesus (apology if I have used incorrect terms, let me know)

So here I am, walking on the street with a friend, when I noticed that many women were wearing black. I asked my friend why they were wearing black and she said it was a dress for mourning – you know, when someone has died. Me being me, I asked leisurely and innocently, “Who died?”

You can imagine how my friend looked at me with a puzzled and amazed expression. Two seconds, and I realized. Oh. I see – as I crossed the road in the middle of hundreds of people carrying crosses and a big statue of Jesus and the cross as well as Mother Mary.

Just to show how ‘stupid’ I can be occasionally – otherwise, I am brilliant. He he, kiddin.

- This piece, I wrote especially for you ;) -

No comments: